Your home, like life, is a series of evolutions and special moments. Tackle these mini projects yourself — and sometimes with help! — and you’ll create a space that’s truly your own. Flaunt your “after” pictures on Instagram by tagging #MyHouseBeautiful — we’ll publish our faves this spring!
1. Restyle your bookcase. Strip off those garish dust jackets, assemble an arsenal of pretty like-colored objects, and paint the back wall of the shelf a calm — or glamazonian — hue to make it all pop.
2. Wrap books in shimmery marbleized paper. Available at craft stores, it makes even the fluffiest beach read look smart. Luxe much?
3. Good lighting changes everything. This update doesn’t require an electrician: Mount a plug-in sconce to spotlight a painting or your nighttime reading. Illuminating!
4. Class up cabinets with knobs that wow you. You can swap out the pulls yourself in minutes.
5. Visual mishmash out, big beauty moment in! Take down all the pictures in a room and rehang them as one statement-making gallery wall.